Ms. Hilvert joined the firm in February 2013 as a litigation associate and quickly evolved to a Junior Partner. Since joining the firm, Ms. Hilvert has successfully settled several complex lawsuits and arbitrations and has been victorious in either bringing or defending numerous motions. For example, she successfully defended several demurrers, motions to dismiss, motions to strike, discovery motions and an anti-SLAPP motion; she has also filed successful motion(s) to compel additional documents, discovery responses, and depositions. Ms. Hilvert represents screenwriters, actors, producers, directors, musicians, production companies, and publishers, among others, in litigation and transactional matters.
A few notable cases Ms. Hilvert has litigated since joining Lowe & Associates include:
- Ward et al. v. Discovery, Inc.
- Ammolite v. Gilinsky and Johnson (“Jack & Jack”)
- Douglas Jordan-Benel v. Universal Studios et al.
- John Frapasella v. Fylmar Productions et al.
- McCauley v. Tim Miner et al.
- Warner Brothers v. Shafir
- Lappas v. 20th Century Fox
- Fuhu v. AEL Data
- VSquared Labs v. Party of 2, LLC d.b.a. Pop2Life
- TYK v. Mancinelli Media, Inc.
- Pandemic LLC and Concealed LLC v. XLrator Media, Inc.
- Hedda Muskat v. CAA, Katalyst Media, Jason Goldberg et al.
- Big Trak Technologies v. Cozen O'Connor LLP.
- Morandell Imports v. Chrissa Imports et al.
- Christian Simpson v. Sherry McGuinn
- O'Neil v. Oxygen Media LLC et al.
When taking a break from fast-paced litigation, Ms. Hilvert represents dynamic transactional clients by negotiating and drafting cutting-edge contracts. Some of Ms. Hilvert's transactional clients include:
- Those Girls Productions
- Cafe Earth Films
- Moving Images Company
- Actor and TV Personality Zak Bagans
- Sefton Fincham (Look to the Sky Productions)
- Jordan Levine (Yale Productions)
- Project West Media
- Actor and Producer Torran Kitts
- Aaero Sweet Corporation
- Well-Connected Entertainment
- Well-Connected Television
- Photographer Kelly Fajack
- Author Linton Bergsen
- GRID Agency
- VSquared Labs, Inc.
Finally, Ms. Hilvert is member of the California Society of Entertainment Lawyers (CSEL) and the Beverly Hills Bar Association. A proud recipient of the 2014 Avvo Clients' Choice Award, she has also been nominated as a Rising Star by SuperLawyers since 2015 and a SuperLawyer since 2018. In 2017, she was named a Top 100 Rising Star and a Top 50 Female Rising Star.